Ladies & Gentleman, take a look at this bad boy of a bone. The Atlas Bone!
Always sounds to me like some Greek porn film, but this bone(r) is very important to you and that wonderful body of yours.
Have a look at the pic I stole from Wiki just for all of you. Actually a great little pic this and I think it can help you understand how any issue’s with the Atlas can effect your body. Now you’re looking at the back of the neck/cervical spine, right below the base of the skull. As you can see the Atlas is quite a wide bone and in a lot of clients I see (nearly all) the Atlas has been shifted out of place on them. The technical, or Chiropractic, term for this is a subluxation. Now the Atlas can shift sideways, flex up and down, rotate, do all 3, just one, etc. Point is it can move around into various positions.
Now just think about the positioning of this bone. Considering it’s location at the top of the neck/just below the Occipital bone. All the nerves that activate the muscles of the body have to run down through here to do their job. There are also ligaments, tendons and muscles that attached onto the Atlas itself, such as the subocciptal muscle, rectus minor muscle, inferior oblique muscle, plus also the Vertebral Artery.
So where I’m going with all this science info…..
So if the Atlas gets Subluxed out of position, it can literally block the nerves down one side of your body from working properly and also change all the muscles lengths down both sides of the body, like a bad domino effect. I’ve seen personally with clients who have very poor grip strength that an Atlas adjustment, instantly improves their grip by a huge amount. The body is connected, so you change one thing, you change the whole thing.
What I’ve also had with clients is that they’ve come to see me when they’ve been in pain for years and their Atlas has been overlooked as the root cause of the problem. It makes sense to me to start looking here if there are problems (particularly with the upper section of the body) as a change here, even small, can have much larger implications on your body.
I’ll be writing more about this topic soon, so make sure you check here soon. Just realise the Atlas can literally change the alignment of your entire body. Bottom line, if you've had headache's neck pain, eyesight issue’s, arm pain, shoulder pain, lower back pain… it could be coming from your Atlas!
B
P.S. Just in case you ask….. this is the guy I use with clients to re-align the Atlas. He is fantastic! http://www.sportscareuk.com/chiropractic-london.html

No comments:
Post a Comment